28 weeks: Hello Third Trimester!

Thursday, June 8, 2017




How far along?
28 weeks! 

How big is the peanut? 
The size of a cabbage. He is 16" long and weighs about 2.5 lbs.

Total weight gain/loss?
I gained 1 pound this week, bringing my weight to 145.4 lbs. I have gained a total of 17 lbs so far. 

Maternity clothes?
I went to Thyme Maternity and bought some shorts and basic tee's for the summer. I also added some maternity tops and shorts from Old Navy to my wardrobe. It is so nice to have some options in my closet now! :)

Sleep?
Between the heat, and my mind that won't stop (so much to do and plan!!), I have had a hard time falling asleep. Baby boy has also been moving a TON at night! Those big jolts and waves from him are very distracting when I am trying to sleep, but let's be honest, I LOVE feeling him move around in there even if that means less shut-eye.

Best moment this week?
We finally moved Anders' desk/chair/computer out of the nursery, so now the room is all ready to be set up for baby boy! I moved his dresser in there, and all the other things I have purchased for the nursery (which have been scattered around the rest of my house for many weeks-the things we don't show on instagram). I started taking the tags off all his clothes, and hanging them up in the closet...major heart melting moment!! I get so emotional looking at the tiny outfits he will soon be in. I can't believe he is going to be ours, and that we get to hold him so soon!

Symptoms?
Still heartburn, and the nesting has officially begun! My house is going to be the most organized it has ever been! Fingers crossed it stays that way!

Food cravings?
Chocolate, and ice cream.

Food aversions?
Nothing

Gender?
Baby boy

Labour signs?
None

Belly button in or out?
In

What I miss?
Eggs Benedict! Not being able to eat soft egg yolk and hollandaise sauce while pregnant, sucks! :(

What I am looking forward to?
Our trip out to BC in a few weeks for Canada Day! It will be so nice to relax and get away from our routine for a few days. 

Milestones?
We are in the THIRD TRIMESTER!!! Making it to this point feels so good! Pregnancy after loss can really take the joy out of enjoying each week. For the longest time, I would wake up each morning and wonder if we will have another day with this baby. Will we actually be taking this baby home in the end? I was constantly checking for spotting, and then once I was able to feel him move, I was trying not to worry if I didn't feel him move. Even though I have been so hopeful this entire pregnancy, it has still been hard not to worry. My worries have diminished tremendously over the previous weeks, and now that we are in the home stretch of this pregnancy, I am so calm and excited to meet our sweet baby boy! 12 more weeks!

Bump?
Yup, and still no stretch marks. :)

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your blog every week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading your blog every week!

    ReplyDelete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan