Nursery Reveal

Monday, August 7, 2017


As soon as I found out we were having a little boy, I knew exactly what I wanted to do for the nursery! If you know me, then you know I love grey, cream, white, more grey and did I say grey? My husband calls our home 50 shades of grey for a reason, so it will be no surprise that I kept things pretty neutral in baby boy's nursery. 

I built the room around a piece we have wanted to incorporate into our baby's room for a long time! Our friends we met on our honeymoon have a company called Near & Deer, and since we started following their growing business, Anders and I talked about how we would love to put one of their deer heads in our baby's room someday! I love the look of the simple white deer head with gold antlers, so from there I started to mix in the subtle elements of woodland creatures, pops of gold and soft textiles to create a cozy environment for our little one.

The hubby and I worked on some DIY details that really pulled this space together. I have always wanted a cream crib, and I couldn't find one that I loved with out paying a fortune for it. I decided to get crafty, buy a gently used crib from Kijiji, some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (I used "Old White"), Dark Wax for antiquing, and I refinished the crib myself. Would I do this again? Probably not! Painting a crib takes a lot of time and patience, but I absolutely LOVE the way it turned out. It was definitely worth it, and it only cost us $320 in the end (time not included)! My husband built a shelf with a bar for me to hang some of baby's knit sweaters on, and he also made a growth chart ruler for the wall.

His nursery has become my favourite room in our home. It is so nice to see my vision come to life and pretty soon, our little guy is going to be able to enjoy this room with me. I am so happy it is finally finished, and I can share it with you all!

Sources:
Dresser, Change Pad & Cover | West Coast Kids
Glider | Wayfair
Round Mirror | Homesense 
Deer Head | Near & Deer 
Table Lamp | Homesense
 Side Table | Homesense
 Wooden Frames above crib | Homesense
 Toy box & Stool | Homesense
Knit Ottoman | Homesense
Rug | Homesense
Cable Knit & Striped Blankets | Babies R Us
Deer Blanket | Homesense
Woodland Animal Prints | Etsy The Crown Prints
Scripture Print | Etsy Aenon Art Work
Crib Sheet and Skirt | Pottery Barn Kids
Curtains | Homesense
Laundry Bin & Bear Book Basket | Homesense

































No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan